INTRODUCTION AND SCOPE
- Thank you for visiting our website (the “Website”). The Culture of Life Apostolate is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
WHAT TYPES OF PERSONAL INFORMATION DOES THE CULTURE OF LIFE APOSTOLATE COLLECT?
- The types of Personal Information that we may Collect includes information necessary to for our Cause. This may include personal information which contains identifiable information such as (amongst other things) your first and last name, email address, postal address, telephone number, date of birth, details about your telephone device (e.g. mobile phone), and if you are a member, information related to the method in which you donate, sponsor, volunteer, partner (“Personal Information”).
- We may also Collect other information, including your transactional information, geographical location (which could include various technologies that determine your actual location, such as geographical data from your mobile device (GPS or IP location)) and demographics (e.g., age, gender, and banking information).
- We may on occasion combine Personal Information we receive online with other records (such as those from telephone or completion of debit order application forms) to develop a profile relating to you.
- We will attempt to limit the types of Personal Information we Collect to only that to which you consent (for example, in the context of online debit order submissions, message boards, surveys, polls, receiving newsletters, SMS and other mobile services).
- When you visit our Website, our web server also automatically records the name of your ISP (Internet Service Provider), the website from which you visit us, the pages on our sites you visit and in what sequence, and the date and length of your visit. This information is aggregate and anonymous data and does not identify you specifically.
- We, our third-party
service providers, and our partners, may send “cookies” to your
computer or use similar technologies to enhance your online experience at our
Website and across the Internet. “Cookies” are files that can
identify you as a unique customer and store your personal preferences as
product preferences to tells us which site pages you have visited and in what
to the Website, to analyse traffic on the website and to track user trends, patterns,
and selections for authorised download and for technical reasons connected with
your use of our site. Cookies can either be permanent (i.e., they remain on
your computer until you delete them) or temporary (i.e. they last only until
- We may also use “web beacons” that monitor your use of our sites. Web beacons (or web bugs) are small strings of code that provide a method for delivering a graphic image on a web page for the purpose of transferring data, such as the IP (Internet Protocol) address of the computer that downloaded the page on which the web beacon appears, the URL (Uniform Resource Locator) of the page on which the web beacons appear, the time the page containing the web beacon was viewed, the types of browser that fetched the web beacon and the identification number of any cookie on the computer previously placed by that server. When corresponding with you via HTML capable e-mail, web beacons let us know whether you received and opened our email. On their own, cookies or web beacons do not contain or reveal any Personal Information. However, if you choose to provide us with Personal Information, it can be linked to the anonymous data stored in the cookies and/or web beacons. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies. However, if you prefer, you may adjust your browser to reject cookies from us or from any other website. Additionally, by setting your web browser to display HTML emails as text only, you may be able to prevent the use of some web beacons. However, please note that certain areas of our sites can only be accessed in conjunction with cookies or similar devices.
- We may passively collect some of your Personal Information from the mobile device which you use to access and navigate through our Website, using various technological means, for instance, using server logs to collect and maintain log information. The information which we may passively collect from your mobile device may include your identifying information, contact details, device and device event information, site activity information, log information, telephony log information, location information, unique application numbers and any other information which you permit us, from time to time, to passively collect from your device.
HOW DO YOU USE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We may use your Personal Information to:
- provide Services or Content you request (e.g. send you by email or other electronic means our newsletters or other activities in which you express an interest);
- allow you to participate in recreational activities on the Website(e.g. participate in our message boards), to organise or carry out educational or promotional activities, games, or promotional events;
- inform you of changes made to our Website;
- inform you of content, services, promotions, offers and competitions which you may find interesting;
- respond to any queries you may have;
- develop a more direct relationship with you for the purposes described in this section;
- understand general trends and patterns so we can develop and support existing and ongoing strategies for our cause and educational content; and
- for security, administrative and legal purposes.
- Where you choose to receive mobile services and content via SMS, MMS and other mobile services, we use this information to deliver such mobile content to you, to carry out activities, to track data and to plan other promotional or educational activities which may be of interest to you.
WHAT ABOUT PERSONAL INFORMATION THAT IS PUBLICLY AVAILABLE?
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE USED FOR MARKETING PURPOSES?
- If we obtain your prior express consent, we may use your Personal Information for the purposes of:
- promoting our services and on behalf of other members of the Culture of Life Apostolate;
- marketing upcoming events and activities on behalf of selected third parties which are in accordance with our vision and goals and provided that you have agreed to your details being passed onto third parties.
- You are entitled to request that we desist from using your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing, and we will provide you with the necessary functionality for you to do so with ease, each time we market to you.
WHAT SECURITY MEASURES ARE IN PLACE TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- Although absolute security cannot be guaranteed on the Internet, we have in place up-to-date, reasonable technical and organisational security measures to protect your Personal Information against accidental or intentional manipulation, loss, misuse, destruction or against unauthorised disclosure or access to the information we Collect online.
- While we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any Personal Information you provide us, we will continue to maintain and improve these security measures over time in line with legal and technological developments.
HOW WILL THE CULTURE OF LIFE APOSTOLATE STORE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We store your Personal Information in South Africa. We may also or alternatively store your Personal Information on and transfer your Personal Information to a central database located in South Africa. If the location of the central database is located in a country that does not have substantially similar laws which provide for the protection of personal data, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your Personal Information is adequately protected in that jurisdiction.
WILL MY PERSONAL INFORMATION BE SHARED WITH ANYONE ELSE?
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION THE CULTURE OF LIFE APOSTOLATE HOLDS ABOUT ME?
- To see the Personal Information we have collected through this Website that relates to you, to cancel it and/or to correct or update this Personal Information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, we will always give you the opportunity to update your preferences regarding our use of your Personal Information.
- To protect your privacy and security we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access. If you have any additional questions about Personal Information we hold about you, please contact us at email@example.com.
MOBILE APPLICATION AND USE OF FACEBOOK OR TWITTER USER DATA (WHERE APPLICABLE)
- We may have an official application for iPhone, iPad, iPod, and Android, available for download. To check if we have official application please visit our Website.
- Our official application may access information from user’s Facebook, Twitter accounts once they give us permission to do so whilst using the Facebook or Twitter-related functionality of the application. Once permission is granted, our application accesses a user’s friends/following/followers list and location only.
- Our Facebook or Twitter page may access information from your Facebook or Twitter accounts once you give us permission to do so. Once permission is granted, the application accesses a user’s name, gender, birthday, locale, email address, etc.
USE OF THE WEBSITE BY CHILDREN
- This Website is accessible to children under the age of 18.
- We require children to consult with their parents or a competent adult (e.g. teacher) before providing Personal Information. We also encourage parents to supervise their children’s online activities by, for example, adopting parental control tools available from online services and software manufacturers that help provide a child-friendly online environment. These tools can also prevent children from disclosing online their name, address, and other Personal Information without
- We encourage parents to talk to their children about the use of the Internet and information they disclose to websites.
HOW CAN I CONTACT THE CULTURE OF LIFE APOSTOLATE?